- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/3 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bread flour (scope out 3 tablespoon and replaced with 2 tablespoon cake flour and 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- remaining egg add in some milk for egg wash
- Add instant yeast, brown sugar, caster sugar, olive oil, milk into a mixing bowl, stirred it and rest aside for 15 mins till you will see floating foam as showed in the picture.
- Mix in flour, salt and 1 tablespoon of beaten egg then use a spatula to fold and mix well the mixture into a dough form.
- Then use electric kneading hook to knead for about 5-10 mins or till well combined.
- Then take out the dough and hand knead for another 1-2 mins.
- Roll, cut and shape into 6 small dough.
- Grease little oil on the baking pan and line the dough in, cover with wet cloth and let it proof for about 10 mins.
- Brush egg wash onto the bread.
- Bake at pre heat oven at 200 degrees C for 15mins (baking time vary for different oven)
Just for your information, although this method is name 40 mins bread bun but in fact I used about an hour for the whole process. Recipe adapted from http://www.thedomesticgoddesswannabe.com/2014/04/40-minute-bread-rolls.html?m=1