- 1 cup rolled oats…
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 55g unsalted butter, softened (1/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup raisins (or blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Stir together the oats and yogurt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and beat to combine. Stir in the applesauce. Mix in the yogurt oat mixture.
- Stir in both flours, the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt until just incorporated.
- Mix through the apple and raisins gently.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
I altered the ingredients by changing to self-raising flour and molases sugar and omit baking soda and salt.
Apple yogurt with oat muffins recipe.
Recipe taken from http://www.butterbaking.com/2012/11/06/healthy-apple-yogurt-and-oat-breakfast-muffins/