- 200g ripe bananas ( cut into small pieces )
- 90g caster sugar, i reduced to 60g
- 150g self-raising flour, sifted
- 80g oil/melted butter, i used grape seed oil
- 1/4 tsp baking soda / bicarbonate of soda
- 40g chocolate chips
- pinch of salt, i omit
- Whisk the eggs & sugar together until foamy then add the chopped bananas. Continue to whisk until ribbon stage.
- Add oil/butter and continue to whisk until well combine.
- Mix well the flour with baking soda & salt. Add in the flour to the batter in 3 batches.
- Fold carefully to combine, I like to use my electric mixer to fold my flour until mix well.
- Pour into a 7" lined baking tin ( i used 6" cake tin )
- Tap on the work top to release any trapped bubbles in the batter mix.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the top of the cake batter.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 for 50 minutes.
- Once baked leave the cake in the tin for 5 minutes then remove from the tin and leave on a wire rack to cool.
Pls adjust the temperature and time to your own oven because every oven bakes differently