Caring for a 4mo baby and 6yo child, dinner is always about quick and easy. Besides, have to make sure my boys (both father and son) like it too. My mom used to cook this when we were kids. Now, I’m keeping the tradition going by introducing it to my family.
Cooked white rice,fish balls, pork slices, shrimp, squid, Choi Sum, or any other vegetables you prefer like broccoli or iceberg lettuce will make a good combination, chicken stock/water (ideally, it’s 1 cup per person, but I like more gravy so I use 5 cups for 3 people), garlic (minced), corn starch/potato starch mix with some water to make the gravy later, egg (I use 2), some cooking oil
Seasoning: Sea salt/kosher salt, oyster sauce, white pepper, sesame oil, Shao Hsing cooking wine
1. Heat some cooking oil in the hot pan/wok, add in the minced garlic and then pork slices. Fry till the pork slices is cooked and add in the chicken stock/water, bring it up to a boil.
2. Add in the corn starch/potato starch mix that you made earlier to thicken up the sauce. Then, add in the seasoning except the Shao Hsing cooking wine (This will add in the last before serving, the wine will evaporate if cook for too long.)
3. Then, add in all the vegetables, followed by the shrimp, squid and fish balls.
4. Beat the eggs and add in slowly. Don’t forget to stir it while cooking, this is similar like making the egg drops soup technique. Then, add in some Shao Hsing cooking wine, cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Lastly, once the gravy is done, pour it over the cooked rice on individual plates, bowls for serving.
Hope you enjoy it and Happy Cooking!