- 2 large chicken breasts, skins removed, cut into fillets
- A little salt & ground pepper (because my toddler will be eating too)
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (you can also use olive oil, grapeseed oil, or virgin coconut oil)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used the full fat version)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled (I used Arla's snack pack version with mixed herbs)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Season chicken with salt and ground pepper. Add rice bran oil to a frying pan and brown chicken over medium heat on both sides (they do not need to be fully cooked). Remove chicken and place on a plate. Add chopped onions to the pan. Saute until golden.
- Combine yogurt, egg, flour, feta, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Lay onion and chicken on the bottom of a baking dish. Spread yogurt evenly on top and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 45 minutes. The yogurt will turn golden and custardy.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with side dish (I serve with a side of lightly buttered cauliflower, broccoli, and peas).
This post first appears on http://www.joycescapade.com/2014/10/greek-baked-chicken-in-yogurt-diana.html