- 400g prawns
- 1/2 Whole chicken (De-boned, keep the bone and meat)
- 1 medium size yam bean
- 1.2 litres water
- scallops (optional)
- 2 small red onions (fried in oil)
- Spring onions (blanch with hot water)
- flat noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt for taste
- Peel the prawns, roasted prawn shells in oven for about 5-10 mins at 200 degrees or till the shells look dried and fragrance.
- Boil water with washed clean chicken bones and meat in pot. Add in roasted prawn shells and yam bean, bring to boil and turn to low heat then simmer for 60 mins. (I removed chicken meat from the pot after about 25-30 mins as I do not like overcooked chicken and shredded into slice)
- Add salt and Filter the soup based in order to get clear soup.
- Blanch prawns and scallop in soup based and it makes the soup taste even better.
- Boil some water and blanch flat noodles, pour cooked flat noodles in ice cold water. Then drained dry and place noodles into bowl.
- Top the noodles with prawns, scallops, shredded chicken slice,spring onions and fried onions.
- Lastly, add hot boiling soup stock into the bowl and served immediately.