Yields 13-14 medium muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (or another ½ cup all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar (I used 1/4 brown sugar and 1/2 white sugar)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup corn oil / olive oil
- 13 teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease or spray 13 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine bananas, sugar, egg, and oil.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Don’t overmix if you don’t want your muffins to be tough.
- Fill cup 2/3 full.
- Spoon a dollop of Nutella onto each muffin and swirl together well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins Recipe.