- 1/3 cup room temperature water
- 3 pieces pandan leaves
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 cup of bread flour ( scope 3 tablespoon out and replace with 3 tablespoon cake flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon corn oil
- 2-3 teaspoon olive oil for bread wash (brush twice, before and after baking)
- Blend 3 pandan leaves with 1/3 room temperature water.
- Filter and get the pandan juice.
- Pour 1/3 cup room temperature pandan juice into the mixing bowl, add in 1 teaspoon instant yeast, sugar and stirred well.
- Add in sifted flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, used spatula gently combined the mixture into dough form. (The dough will look dry as no oil added in yet)
- Start kneading by using electric kneading hook or by hand. Slowly knead in the oil bit by bit till the dough become shiny and pliable which takes about 5-10 mins kneading.
- Cover tight with cling wrap and put into fridge for about 12 hours.
- The dough will rise like in the pic shown.
- Move the dough onto a clean kneading mat.
- Punch out the air by pressing the dough down.
- Roll and cut into 6 portion.
- Form into 6 balls, place into baking tin and cover tight with cling wrap and let it proof for 50-60 mins. (Preheat the oven 10 mins before the proofing time ended)
- The ball will rise as in the picture shown after 60 mins proofing. Do first layer olive oil bread wash before baking.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 15 mins, remove from oven and apply another thin layer of olive oil. (Baking temperature and time vary for different oven, do adjust accordingly).
How to get fresh baked soft bun for breakfast in the morning? This method needs only about 75-90 mins in the morning, do refer to the recipes instructions with images attached. Enjoy!