- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/3 cup room temperature milk
- 2 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 cup bread flour (scope out 3 tablespoon and replaced with 2 tablespoon cake flour and 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Bread wash and topping
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- sesame seeds
- Pour 1/3 cup room temperature milk into the mixing bowl, add in 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast, sugar,oil and stirred well.
- Add in sifted flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, used spatula or hand gently combined the mixture into dough form.
- Start kneading by using electric kneading hook or by hand for about 10-15 mins till the dough become smooth and pliable.
- Cover tight with cling wrap and put into fridge for about 12 hours.
- Move the dough onto a clean kneading mat, punch out the air by pressing the dough down.
- Roll and cut into 6 portion, form into balls and place into baking tin then cover tight with cling wrap and let it proof for 50-60 mins. (Preheat the oven 10 mins before the proofing time ended).
- Apply milk for bread wash then sprinkle sesame seed.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 15 mins, remove from oven and let it cool. (Baking temperature and time vary for different oven, do adjust accordingly).
For step by step with details photo, you may refer to
Overnight method bun will stay soft much more longer compared to 40 mins method as showed below, therefore I highly recommended overnight proofing method.