- 300g Pau flour (I used all purpose flour)
- 5g yeast 5g baking powder
- 60g fine sugar 25g butter
- 50g fresh milk (*add more if too dry)
- 100g Pumpkin puree (*Better blend it until smoth) I bought a half medium size pumpkin, because the filling need more pumpkin puree.
- I steam the pumpkin with skin and blend it then put it aside.
- Pour all the ingredients in the bread maker, select knead function and let it knead for 20 mins. Then I hand knead for 10 mins.
- Let it proof until double the size. Take out from bread maker and squeeze out air from the dough. Split the dough to smaller pieces with each 50g.
- Assemble with filling, and let it rest until it growth double the size.
- Steam with medium fire for 15 mins. Off the fire. Open the lid after 2 mins to prevent the pau from getting shrink.
- For the pumpkin filling. I simply cook pumpkin puree, sugar (*optional, but I didn't put coz pumpkin already sweet), pandan leaves, fresh milk until thick. After remove from fire, I just stir in some butter.
My first attempt making pumpkin buns and it’s successful. My hubby and daughter love it so much.
She’s enjoy eating the pumpkin pau.