- 350 g Pau Flour
- 100 g Pumpkin (skin removed, deseeded, cubed)
- 30 g Cooking oil
- 80 g Water
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 50 g sugar
- salt a little
- Steamed and mashed the pumpkin.
- **Different types of pumpkin and the way of steaming may produce different texture pumpkin. If your pumpkin comes out to be a bit soft and meshy you may reduce the water or if the pumpkin are more to the dry texture you can add a bit more water.
- Put all the ingredients into a mixer or bread maker machine and mixed into a smooth dough.
- Rolled the dough round and rise in a oiled mixing bowl for 1.5~2 hours or double it size.
- Pouch down the dough to expel air. Rolled the dough out flat into a rectangle shape. Roll back tightly from the long side like a swiss roll.
- Cut into 9 equall pieces. Put on a round or square wax paper and arrange them into the bamboo steamer.(i arrange mine into the steam rack of a wok and let it proof in a warm wok for 40 minutes).
- When the proofing is completed. Simply put on the flame and steam on medium heat for 15 minutes. NOTES: Do not open the wok cover straight away. This will cause the hot air escape to0 rapidly that will cause the mantou to shrink tremendously and have wrinkle skin like an old lady :p. Instead open a little gap at the side of the wok just 5 minutes before the mantou is ready.
Pumpkin chia seed mantao recipe