- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup room temperature full cream milk
- 2 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 cup bread flour (scope out 3 tablespoon and replaced with 2 tablespoon cake flour and 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon steamed mash pumpkin (I mashed with fork)
- Pour 1/4 cup room temperature milk into the mixing bowl, add in 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast, sugar,oil and stirred well.
- Add in sifted flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and mashed pumpkin then used hand gently combined the mixture.
- Start kneading by using electric kneading hook for about 10-15 mins till the dough become smooth and pliable.
- Place the dough into oil greased airtight container, cover tight with cling wrap and put into fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Move the dough onto a clean kneading mat.
- Punch out the air by pressing the dough till flatten. Roll and cut into 6 portion, form into balls.
- Place the dough and 1 cup of hot water into a close switched off oven for about 30 mins for second proofing.
- Apply a thin layer of milk for bread wash.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 15 mins, remove from oven and let it cool. (Baking temperature and time vary for different oven, do adjust accordingly, most of the bun recipe baking time is 220 degrees for 11-12 mins)