- 250g pao flour
- 125g warm water
- 20g sugar
- 5g oil
- 2.5g active dry yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoon brown sugar
- Prepare warm water around 35 °C and melt the sugar and oil in. And mix the yeast with the water. Mix well and set aside for around 5 minutes. If you do not want sugar, just skip it.
- Prepare the flour and salt in a large bowl. Pour the water with yeast slowly to the bowl with flour and stir with a chop sticker.
- Then knead the flour into smooth and soft dough. At the very beginning, it might be a little bit sticky.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for around 1 hour or until the paste ball doubles in size. This process can be done by mixer.
- When the dough is double in size, get paste ball out and punch the air out.
- Then Roll into a rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts, pecans, or raisins if desired.
- role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 8 to 10 slices
- Add cool water in wok and put the buns in the steamer to steam. Cover the lid and rest for around 10 minutes. Use high fire to bring the water to a boiling and continue to steam for around 20 to 25 minutes after the water boils depending on the size of your buns.
- Remove off the fire and wait for around 5 minutes before opening the lid.