This recipe yields 4 burger buns or 6-8 dinner rolls.
Vegan Bun Recipe
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1to 2tsp rice flour (optional – helps digestion)
2 tbsp vegan butter (can be subsituted with coconut oil/olive oil)
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt ( as per taste)
1/2 cup lukewarm soy milk
1.Combine sugar with milk until well dissolved.
2.Combine flour, salt,butter and oil. Mix it well.
3. Now stir in yeast and milk mixture.
4. Kneed it well, if sticky, add some flour.
5. Put it in a greased bowl.
6. Cover it well and put it in warm place for almost 30 to 45 minutes until dough rises to double the size.
7.After dough rises knead it again and divide it in 4 equal parts.
8. Knead each part well and make a nice ball. (Or any shape you prefer)
9.Arrange in a greased oven plate, apply little bit of oil or butter on it.
10. Place the tray in warm place for 2nd rise until ball become double in size.
11.Pre-hit oven at 170 c and bake the balls until 30 minutes or they are light brown in color.
12.Apply butter on it and they are ready to eat.
For mix bean patty filling recipe, please refer following links：