- 4 strips pork bone
- 2 to 3 stalks celery
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cabbage
- 2 garlic, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 lemon, grated juice, to taste
- pepper and some cheese to taste
- some homemade stock powder
- 2.5l boiling water (can reduce / add based on your preference)
- Blanch pork bone for 3 minutes to remove blood. Trim any fat away from the meat.
- Add pork bones into a large pot of boiling water, together with stock powder. Cook for 90 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Rinse and cut all vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic until aromatic. 5.Add onion and cook until translucent. Add celery and cook for a while. Then add other vegetables and sauté until softens.
- Toss all vegetables into the stock. Add tomato paste and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- When all the ingredients become tender and you’re satisfied. Season well with pepper, cheese and lemon juice to taste,