- Pao flour 250g
- yeast 2.5g
- Sugar 20g
- Oil 5g
- Carrot juice 120g (I use 1 carrot plus 200g water, blend in fruit maker)
- Grated cheese (for filling)
- Mix all Ingredients (except cheese) & knead to form a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portion. Rest all dough for 5 minutes.
- Flatten dough with a rolling pin to make a circle, with the corner of the circle thinner than the centre. Place 1 tablespoon of grated cheese in the centre, seal it tightly. (This dough was not sticky and very pliable, there was generally no need to flour the work surface)
- 4.Place the dough onto some cut baking papers. Place in a large bamboo steamer, cover with lid & let to proof for about 50 minutes.
- 5. Heat a wok of water over high heat & bring to boil.
- 6. Place in the bamboo steamer & steam over medium heat for about 15 minutes.