- 125 Gram (1 and 1/4 cups) pao flour
- 2 tbsp oil (I used corn oil).
- May replace with vco 2 tbsp sugar (sometimes I reduced to 1 tbsp and I used brown sugar)
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 75 Gram sweet potato puree (can replace with other vegetables or ingredients)
- Steam and puree sweet potato.
- Mix all the ingredients and knead for 10 to 15 minutes. I used stand mixer with dough hook to knead
- Leave to proof for 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Prepare some plain flour so that you can add to the dough when you shape. Make sure the dough is dry, add flour to make it dry before shaping
- Steam for 10 minutesFor those who intend to shape it like mantao.. Follow these steps. A) flatten the dough and cut into rectangle shape B) roll the cut dough tightly and cut according to desired size
Rabbit and bear shaped mantao recipe.