- 1/2 cup melted butter (I personally feel butter brings out the best taste to cakes even as compared to vco)
- 70g sugar (I followed my chiffon cake recipe as I like the mild sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 organic cocoa powder
- 4 small eggs
- Melt butter and sugar. Whisk well to allow sugar to melt. Remove from heat and cool.
- Crack eggs separately in a clean bowl and whisk lightly.
- Add essence, melted butter and sugar to beaten eggs. Whisk again.
- Sift dry ingredients: flour+salt+baking powder+cocoa powder
- Pour into wet batter. Whisk till combined.
- Pour into rice cooker pot.
- Press CAKE/COOK
Now, this is a brownie recipe, so the amount of flour used is not alot as brownies are supposed to be flatter. Do google or prepare any chocolate cake mix of ur own preference. Works equally fine.
this cooks very fast for my cooker. After washing and clearing my kitchen, I opened to check and was surprised it was done. I estimated to be 10min. Do the skewer test. I inserted my knife and it came out clean.
– switch off
– remove pot
– invert cake out immediately
– let cool on rack
– slice and chill in fridge (I read chilling it sets the chocolate and makes it better. It’s ‘chilling’ in the fridge as I type. Will test tmr. Hehe)
I have no idea why it sunk in the middle. Looks like a big donut. But hey, it’s cute huh. Still love the shiny tone crust.
Craving badly for chocolate cake since my failed attempt to make a white choc chiffon cake last Thursday. Concluded melted choc and chiffon don’t make a good pair. Too heavy the batter. Out of the window!
So well. Got into action and scoured for another yet simple and ez pz cocoa choca cakey.
Did it just and it was gooooood! Best part mummies, no need to whip any whites. Just grab all the ingredients and mix mix mix! Did I hear YAY?!