- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses sugar (you may add more if you want sweeter)
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 50 gram cooking chocolate bar (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda, then rest it aside.
- Melt the cooking chocolate bar by double boiling method. set aside.
- Whisk beaten egg, sugar and milk over high speed using electric mixer till the mixture become bubbling foam.
- Then whisk in oil and salt with a lower speed. Mixed in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Lastly, add in flour mixture and mix till well combined. Then pour the batter into 6" cake pan.
- Pour some water into wok, bring to boil. Then steam the cake at medium high heat for about 35-40 mins. (To test whether the cake is cooked, insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake and it should come out clean. If not clean, then steam for another 5-10 mins)
- Remove from wok and let it cool down completely.