bread bowl (4 bread bowl )
- Active dry yeast 7 g
- Warm water 295 g
- All purpose flour 440 g
- Salt 5 g
- Vegetable oil 30 ml
- Egg wash :
- Egg white + water
Chicken corn chowder
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 large potato, (diced)
- 1 large carrot, (diced)
- 1 cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (refer note)
- 1 cup of milk
- salt n pepper
Cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Steps for bread bowl:
- Add yeast and water into a mixing bowl, stirred it and rest aside for 10 mins till you will see floating form.
- Add flour , salt , vegetable oil fold and mix well the mixture into a dough form.
- then use electric kneading hook to knead till the dough stretchable.
- Form into a big ball dough and put it into greased oil container and let it proof for about 60-75 mins till it become double in size.
- Punch down the dough to release the air, then divide to 4 portion and roll it to ball shape.
- After shaping, second proofing for about 30 minutes.
- Brush the whole dough with egg white wash.
- Bake at preheated 200 degrees C for 30 mins and apply egg wash again when 15 minutes. Continue bake till bun turn to brown color.
- Take out from oven, cut the top And dig the inner part, and fill with soup.
- Steps for chowder:
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened.
- Add potatoes, carrot and bring to a boil, covered. Cook until potatoes soften, yet not too long if you like the chewy texture. (I cook longer)
- Toss in corn kennels and chicken meat.
- Continue to cook about 3 minutes. Stir in milk.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Steps for cream of chicken soup:
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly stir in chicken broth, then milk. Whisk until it begins to thicken. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.