- High protein flour 290g
- Cocoa powder 10g
- Instant yeast 1/2 tsp
- Sugar 30g
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Milk 200ml
- Raisin handful
- Unsalted butter 30g
- Egg white wash
- Add all ingredients (except butter) into a breadmaker, the wet ingredients first, then followed by dry ingredient (Note: I used to make a small well in the flour, then add the yeast into it.)
- Select the “dough” mode (refer to the manual of your breadmaker to select the kneading dough programme). When all ingredients come together, add the butter. Knead until the dough passes the window-pane test
- After kneading is finished, Deflate the dough and knead into a ball shape. Place it in a plastic container or plastic bag. Freeze in freezer. The night before you want to bake, Thaw in refrigerator for one night.
- Remove the dough from fridge. Deflate it and divide into 16 equal portions. Roll each into a ball shape Cover with plastic film and let them proof until doubled in size, about 30minutes to 1hour.
- About 5 to 10 minutes towards the end of proofing time, preheat oven to 170C/ 335F. Brush the surface of each dough with egg white.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the buns from the oven. Turn them out from the tray onto a wire rack. Serve warm. The leftovers can be kept in an air-tight plastic bag or container
1. If direct method, for the first proof just proof for 1 hr then continue step 4.
1. Add all ingredient beside butter, speed 3, 1 minute
2. Add in butter, knead for 6 minutes to pass the window-pane test. Continue the above step