- 230g unsalted butter
- 150g Sugar (Original recipe calls for 200g)
- 4 Eggs
- 200g All Purpose Flour / Plain flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Milk
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- 5g Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 180c for 15mins.
- Lightly grease a 22cm baking tin with melted butter& line it with grease proof paper.
- Mix plain flour & baking powder together & sieve. Set aside.
- Use low speed to mix butter and sugar until well combined. Change to medium speed & beat until light & fluffy. Pale in yellow.
- Add in the 1st egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy. Change to medium speed. Scrape down the side for even mixing.
- Add in Vanilla Essence and mix well.
- Divide flour into three portions, use lowest speed to mix in flour. Scrape down sides for even mixing.
- Finally, add in milk bit by bit.
- Scoop out 1/3 of the batter and add in 5g cocoa powder and mix well. Pour the plain batter into the pan. Then pour in the chocolate batter continue. Use a sharp knife/toothpick and swirl around the batter.
- Bake oven at 180C for 40mins or until golden brown & cooked. If a toothpick come out clean, it is done.
- Remove it from the oven & leave the cake in the tin to cool on wire rack for another 5mins. Best to serve warm.
Marble Cake Recipe.