- 250g Salted Butter, room temperature.
- 200g Eggs (no shell) – About 4 eggs (Grade B).
- 50g + 150g Castor Sugar
- 200g Self raising flour, sifted
- 60ml Fresh Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pre-heat oven at 180C (Conventional).
- Prepare a 8 x 8 inch square pan. Line the base, grease the sides.
- Separate egg whites & yolk. Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50g sugar and beat until stiff.
- Cream butter and 150g sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in Vanilla essence, beat for awhile, and followed by egg yolks one at a time.
- Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Add in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance flour.
- Put in half the egg whites in and mix on low speed. Pour the balance egg whits in and FOLD using your spatula.
- Pour batter into pan and level.
- Bake for 45minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
1. Wendy used 230g butter for this cake only. But I used 250g. Because I’m lazy, I just close my eyes and throw in the whole block of butter.
2. I used Seng Choon eggs for all my cake baking. 4 eggs weighed about 240g (with shell)
3. I used Magnolia fresh milk.
4. I don’t have Vanilla Pod nor Vanilla Paste at home. So, I just play-cheat. Used Vanilla Essence instead. I feel bad about it.
Mrs NgSK’s vanilla butter cake Recipe.