- Butter 70g
- Icing sugar 30g (I use molasses sugar)
- Salt 1g
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp (omitted)
- Beaten egg 20g
- Cake flour 150g
Pumpkin egg custard
- Pumpkin purée 180g
- Salt 1g
- Sugar 50g (found it slightly sweet, can cut down I think )
- Egg 1
- Milk 150g
- Cake flour 6g
- Stir butter, sugar, and salt in a large bowl until combined. Stir in egg, and then flour until completely combined. Knead and form to a ball. Divide dough into 10 portions and roll into balls.
- Cover with cling wrap and chill in freezer for at least half and hour
- Press a dough ball into each cup, pressing dough up sides to about 1/4 inch from top of cup, and maintaining a thickness about 1/8-inch thick. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, cake flour and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, egg and pumpkin purée until combined.
- Sift egg mixture TWICE to achieve smooth egg mixture.
- Carefully pour egg mixture into each tart shells.
- Bake tarts for 25mins at preheated oven 180 degree.