- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Add warm water into a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the yeast and 1/4 tsp of sugar into the warm water.
- Stir the mixture gently and rest the mixture for 10 mins till foamy.
- Pour the mixture into a lawge bowl, add in 5 tablespoons sugar, warm milk,salt and butter, stir until well form.
- Add in flour and mix them till become sticky dough and then transfer it to a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it at a warm area for about 2 hours until it inflate double in size
- Punch dough to release the air, then transfer it to a floured surface.
- Pour some flour to dough and also your hands so that it will not stick to your hand.
- Divide dough into 2 equal balls and roll the balls into circle shape like pizza.
- slice the dough into small wedges and brush it with honey butter.
- Roll each wedge up starting at the widest end.
- Places rolls on a greased cookie sheet, then cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area about 1 hour until rolls expand double size.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Remove plastic wrap and bake for 15-20 mins, brush them with a layer of honey butter.
My sweet dinner rolls for my girl & sons breakfast.
Recipe credit to mummy vanessa lau.